Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Can Virtualdj be the best? - Page: 3

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I'd like to do some live remixes on some of the Beatles songs, however Ringo is not quite a computer. Hence the tempo drifts.

Posté Fri 03 Apr 15 @ 9:29 am
I don't know if it's any good but to control VDJ 8 I'm using a MC6000 Mk.1 (Transport + Effects), Traktor F1 (Sampler), and an Akai LPD8 (Slicer + Whatever..).
All work happily together..I'm amazed!
I don't like controller functions layered.

Note: It's ironic that another Traktor controller, the X1, might look, and be better than the Akai for controlling selected effects.
Even the Traktor S4 Mk. 2 might become key VDJ 8 hardware, unlike the S4 Mk.1 which will never be supported by VDJ.
I'm thinking of all NI hardware, and VDJ software. This might be my best shot at neutralising Pioneer, and Serato.
I'd love to see NI, and Atomix team up, and beat the hell out of Pioneer, whose hardware has always been elitist, and very expensive.
Long live the underdog.

Posté Fri 03 Apr 15 @ 9:38 am
As far as I know (and IME), there's nothing that warps quite as well or easily as Ableton Live.

It needn't be expensive either. You don't need the full blown Suite to warp. Live 9 Intro is under £80.

In Live 9.2 (beta) they have improved tempo and downbeat detection for warping.

Posté Fri 03 Apr 15 @ 10:04 am
Are you certain that I could warp, say a Beatles song, in Ableton Into?
If it did that at £80 I'd buy it today!
This looks good!!!!!!!!!!

Posté Fri 03 Apr 15 @ 10:13 am
Yes, it's just as capable of warping as its big brothers.

The only caveat is that it doesn't have Complex or Complex Pro modes (generally regarded as the best choice for full tracks) as an option, so the end result might not sound as good.

Depends on your ears really, and how fussy you are. It will also help if you warp from uncompressed audio (i.e. straight from CD) rather than MP3 etc.

Download the demo(s) and compare the results yourself before you buy.

Posté Fri 03 Apr 15 @ 10:32 am
I've just looked through the feature sets of the three types of Abelton live 9 software, I may be blind, but I never saw any mention of warping? https://www.ableton.com/en/live/feature-comparison/

Correction.."Complex warp modes Advanced algorithms for stretching audio, ideal for working with mixed audio or full tracks".
Versions Standard and Suite.

I might buy standard.

Posté Fri 03 Apr 15 @ 10:34 am
You're blind!

:-)

Posté Fri 03 Apr 15 @ 10:36 am
Yes..LOL.

Posté Fri 03 Apr 15 @ 10:39 am
Maybe you should consider spending £69 on an Akai APC Mini controller - it comes with Ableton Live 9 Lite.

Posté Fri 03 Apr 15 @ 10:41 am
..what is missing in Lite. If its equivalent to Intro then the Akai is a winner.
You're giving me some great ideas. Thanks.

Posté Fri 03 Apr 15 @ 10:52 am

Posté Fri 03 Apr 15 @ 10:58 am
Not bad, £73 off an upgrade to Abelton. The Akai would pay for itself at @ £67. It looks like an excellent controller for the VDJ sampler!
Sulk. mind you I wanted to use the remix decks in Traktor with an F1.

I'm on the verge of ordering one, I could have it by Wednesday.

Posté Fri 03 Apr 15 @ 11:17 am
I think we can be reasonably certain that Atomix won't have added warping to VDJ 8 by then :-)

Posté Fri 03 Apr 15 @ 11:25 am
The Akai Mini also moves me in the interesting direction of studio music production.
All I really have for production at the moment is a linux pc with the likes of Ardour, LMMS, and Hydrogen...and I'm not very good at it!

Posté Fri 03 Apr 15 @ 11:44 am
I don't appear to have a way of contacting Russ, the figure mentioned is fine. The website wants a product number to post?
Contact djronh@gmail.com

Posté Sat 04 Apr 15 @ 5:29 am
If you are referring to the contents of the PM I sent you, I have now contacted the seller with your email address and told him you're interested.

Posté Sat 04 Apr 15 @ 5:46 am
Yes I am, and thanks.

Posté Sat 04 Apr 15 @ 7:00 am
Last night was interesting, I have loaded up 23 pages of samples with up to 20 samples per page. A couple of times I got my pages mixed up. On other occasions I couldn't find a particular sample. I've colour coded things by group but have pages which look very similar, and hence the error of playing drums from the wrong page.

I need a separate channel, and cue button for the sampler, and maybe more?
It might be possible to easily script the sampler sound to my headphones using a sub controller button?!

This is gonna take time, and more is not better for the beginner!

Posté Sun 05 Apr 15 @ 7:19 am
With the right skin design, it is possible to have dedicated volume, EQ and FX for the sampler, by routing it to a deck that doesn't actually appear on the skin.

Maybe one day each pad and/or bank will have its own separate output channel and controls, but for now it's only the main sampler output.

Posté Sun 05 Apr 15 @ 7:24 am
There is an option on the current skin which outputs the sampler to the headphones.
I didn't want to mess about with it last night in front of people, whilst I was already making mistakes. I'm hoping I can set a button up in 5 minutes to achieve headphone cueing.

Your solution of routing the sampler to it's own deck appears to be excellent.
I'd be happy with two decks, and maybe two all singing, and dancing sampler decks like Traktor. However in Tractor I only ever used one remix deck, Three decks seem fine?

Posté Sun 05 Apr 15 @ 7:36 am
60%