Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Can Virtualdj be the best? - Page: 4

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Back to the Akai, separately warping the verses, and chorus might be better than warping a whole song?!
Hence the Akai Mini, and Abelton 9 Lite.
No email..
Hm..any comments before I order?

Posté Sun 05 Apr 15 @ 7:53 am
Looks to me like he hasn't been on the Ableton forum since the 3rd, so he won't have seen my PM.

You could always install the 30 day trial (which I think would allow you access to the forum) if you're not in a hurry.

I think it'd be better to further discuss Live in PM rather than here (it's off topic). :-)

Posté Sun 05 Apr 15 @ 8:12 am
I'm still a begineer with no friends lol. You're the only one who has ever sent me a message. There is nothing on my wall. I don't use Facebook. Hm.. I don't know what I'm doing. Would you like to be my first friend?
What's PM? Just a message like you sent?

I downloaded a free trial about a year ago, I'm still hoping they might let me have another bite of the apple. I need a little time..I'm out at 5pm today, and feel brain dead at the moment.

Posté Sun 05 Apr 15 @ 8:23 am
PM is a private message (like an email but confined to the forum and its members).

If you click on a users name (on the left of their posts) it will take you to their Home Page where there's a "pen & paper" icon. Click that to write the user a private message.

The other icon (two people and a + sign) is for adding that user to your friends.

Posté Sun 05 Apr 15 @ 9:08 am
Can I go around going "you're going to be my friend" whether you like it, or not?

Posté Sun 05 Apr 15 @ 9:13 am
You can do, but ideally the user needs to reciprocate - otherwise their icon (on your home page) will be dimmed.

Posté Sun 05 Apr 15 @ 9:51 am
mjay350PRO InfinityMember since 2014
I'm reading these posts with interest. I DJ'd from 1984, pitch controls just stared coming in an finished in 2006 using a Denon front loading CD and was able to bend the pitch via a couple of buttons. I recently reignited my musical interest and purchased VDJ8 and a Numark Mixtrack. After playing around for a couple of months I started reading about Traktor and thought I needed a new controller and better software, so I purchased the Traktor S4MK2. I must admit the hardware is superb and after spending many long hours getting to understand the beat grids and various configurations of Traktor and using the remix decks I don't mind the software. However, let me point out the following observations; VDJ8 has a superior Automix function, tracks load much, much faster into the VDJ8 browser, they also maintain the sorted order that I last left them in (normally BPM). Traktor takes forever to load my 11k of songs. I know, who needs that many but I have over 200k on my various hard drives. Also the search function is much quicker. I have my tracks sorted in folders, 70s, 80s, 90s, disco etc... I agree the VDJ8 interface does look a bit "toyish" and I look forward to finding a nice skin (any suggestions). I also find the support from VDJ superior to that of NI, having sent several emails to NI and never receiving a response, (possibly my questions are to stupid to answer). Having asked and received immediate help from VDJ with my request for the Traktor S4MK2 to be mapped for VDJ8 I'll be a user for life and an advocate of the software. I also have a couple of old time DJ mates who prefer VDJ over Traktor. So my vote goes with VDJ8 for being an all round performer. I look forward to learning more about scripting and making full use of the tools available to me. Is 55 too old for this stuff??

Posté Wed 15 Apr 15 @ 2:39 am
The age of 55 is fine as long as you're physically fit. Maturity adds to your djing stature. If you're a mobile the paid exercise will help you stay young. Good luck, and enjoy the challenge. It ain't easy.

Posté Wed 15 Apr 15 @ 4:34 am
Is 55 too old for this stuff?? Are you kidding, I have underwear older than that. If I make it until June 7th, I'll be 63. Three shifts a week in a club, and mobile. Will pickup another night in a different club, at the end of the month. This is the best software for me.

Posté Wed 15 Apr 15 @ 11:18 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Here it is. Another veiled attempt by AMaHM to get us to raise funds to purchase him new underwear.....

Posté Wed 15 Apr 15 @ 6:11 pm
nvm

Posté Wed 15 Apr 15 @ 6:34 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Well Rick just makes me look too damn young to be posting on here... thanks pal, that will at least get Terry off my back for a while.

Edit, maybes I should re write that last part... rofl.

Posté Fri 17 Apr 15 @ 6:36 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Don't worry, Paul, last time I checked, you were still a member in good standing of the Methuselah Club....

Posté Fri 17 Apr 15 @ 7:28 am
bigron1 wrote :
I've just spent a week studying Traktor, I'm glad to be back using VDJ 8! Besides the remix decks the only other thing which impressed me was the different types of cue points. A cue loop can be very effective, and is set up easily. VDJ 8 can achieve cue loops using scripting, though not quite as easily. On my return I again noted that the basic VDJ skin was terrible visually. It's just as well I have an excellent skin for my controller.
Enough of Traktor, VDJ 8 is winning.
Now what about the Serato?
It's a simplistic looking piece of software which is fine for those who are happy doing a few little tricks..
The Serato SP6 sampler has only 6 slots, in 4 banks, which leaves VDJ 8 way ahead.
That's important as I now use my Traktor F1 to very effectively control the VDJ sample banks.
I believe live remixing, and sampling are the way forward.
VDJ 8 is winning!

I would be grateful if anyone had any suggestions for remixing old songs with uneven tempo.
I need good warping software, and Ableton is too expensive.

Hello, this is a good analyze but I have one question: if you should compare the sound quality between Serato, Traktor and Virtual DJ, who is the winner?

Posté Sun 19 Apr 15 @ 4:44 pm
A triple tie for first place!

Posté Tue 28 Apr 15 @ 4:07 pm
Traktor........

Posté Tue 28 Apr 15 @ 4:48 pm
interesting..on what grounds? They all sound brilliant when using good equipment.

Posté Tue 28 Apr 15 @ 4:51 pm
I have all 3 programs and use all 3 with a Pioneer DJM 850 and Traktor always sounds punchier, crisper and warmer. VDJ and Serato have punch but just don't seem as crispy to me. Traktor also has the tightest timecode in my opinion also (might be because of the 2000khz timecode)......

Posté Tue 28 Apr 15 @ 5:27 pm
Again an interesting, and good comment.

Posté Tue 28 Apr 15 @ 6:40 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
beatbreaker1 wrote :
2000khz timecode)......

Squeaky! 2KHz or 2000Hz, not 2000KHz :-)
How does V8 compare using the same CV

Posté Tue 28 Apr 15 @ 7:28 pm
80%