Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Numark Mixtrack Platinum - Page: 3

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

I have the same issue ( humm noise ) . I tried to download and install this addon fix: The file ''forced-numark.xml'' installed in the folder Devices. But Nothing change, all pads/fx LEDs are dimmed and not off and the humm always present. How to use the new definition file for the controller? Is a PRO licence needed to use custom devices ? I know how to use custom mapping but in this case from what I can see it's a custom device. I'm using a VirtualDJ PLUS (controller) licence. Thanks' for your help.

Posté Thu 20 Jul 17 @ 8:06 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
christian1973 wrote :
Is a PRO licence needed to use custom devices ? .

That is correct

Posté Thu 20 Jul 17 @ 10:05 am
....then shouldn't the fix here be Pro Only rather than Plus & Pro?

Posté Thu 20 Jul 17 @ 10:26 am
Thanks djdad, that answers to my questions.
Do you think that in the future, there will be an updtate with the integrated definitions files without the noise bug for users who purchased the license plus (Mixtrack Platinum) ?

Posté Thu 20 Jul 17 @ 10:56 am
Trying to see if there is a Mixtrack Platinum skin for VDJ8

Posté Wed 09 Aug 17 @ 2:25 pm
NextStageGuam wrote :
Trying to see if there is a Mixtrack Platinum skin for VDJ8

I don't think there is
Controller skins are rare these days, and when they do exists, they are often made by uses
So you can certainly make one yourself

But most custom skins are now made to add something to the software and to the default skin, often for special use cases
So it's rare to find skins that simply tries to look like the hardware you already have in front of you

Posté Wed 09 Aug 17 @ 2:46 pm
Ive come across some posts about a humming noise in their system. I recommend you go to an audio shop or walmart and get a ground loop isolator. From 10 to 20 bucks your system will go quiet. Its a small box with rca jack and easy to install. With all of the equipment some of us connect something will be a weak link and create a bad ground which will cause system hum. Ive used mine for more then 20 years and no more hum. Also get good cables. Good luck.

Posté Sat 02 Sep 17 @ 3:11 pm
I am looking at purchasing the Platinum controller. It sounds like the hum issue is resolved by turning off the Ultralatency in vdj 8 settings, or is it for the board itself?

Also, I pay for the Pro each month which means I do not have to purchase a controller license for use with Virtual DJ, am I correct?

Posté Fri 24 Nov 17 @ 3:58 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
mleeregier wrote :
I am looking at purchasing the Platinum controller. It sounds like the hum issue is resolved by turning off the Ultralatency in vdj 8 settings, or is it for the board itself?

No, its a hardware issue and you need to contact Numark or purchase ground loop isolators as above

mleeregier wrote :
Also, I pay for the Pro each month which means I do not have to purchase a controller license for use with Virtual DJ, am I correct?
Correct.

Posté Fri 24 Nov 17 @ 4:01 pm
Has anyone had any luck with ground loop isolators with this controller? I'd like to keep all the features, but will (attemp) to apply the fix as last resort. It says plus or pro, but sounds like it might be pro only and I'm out of luck.

Posté Tue 12 Dec 17 @ 7:08 am
instajamdj wrote :
Has anyone had any luck with ground loop isolators with this controller? I'd like to keep all the features, but will (attempt) to apply the fix as last resort. It says plus or pro, but sounds like it might be pro only and I'm out of luck.

I went ahead and downloaded the fix(I have a plus license and it downloaded.) The buzz is now much more consistent. Before it was kind of a pulsating sound, now it's just a constant hum. It seems as though this was supposed to dim all the pads, but only my cue buttons are dimmed and the loops/sampler pads are still turned off. Just a few things to add and hope someone stumbles upon a solution before next season.

Posté Mon 18 Dec 17 @ 5:07 am
Salve ragazzi sto per acquistare una console numark mixtrack platinum e vorrei usarla con virtual dj no con serato mi potete dare un aiuto come trovare la mappatura grazie aspetto vostre notizie al più presto

Posté Mon 12 Feb 18 @ 2:36 am
Please post in English, or use the appropriate forum for your language.

You don't need to find the mapping. Support for the Mixtrack Platinum is built in to VDJ.

You just need to plug in the controller (and buy a license).

Posté Mon 12 Feb 18 @ 5:48 pm
Hello!
Does anybody know how to disable the tempo sync? It's pretty annoying. I had tried the SHIFT+Sync combination but it doesn't work. (The tempo is synced automatically to the music playing when I load a new song)

Posté Wed 13 Jun 18 @ 8:44 pm
Nice thread hijacking - well done (not).

What you're referring to isn't sync. It's auto BPM matching. Simply turn it off via config.

Posté Wed 13 Jun 18 @ 8:59 pm
Hi Everyone,

I am new to the community and have recently done a full setup upgrade including moving to the Mixtrack Platinum. I have the humming issue as does my colleague who has recently upgraded to the platinum (we are beginning to unify our setups so we can use each others setups fluidly if required) we both use desktop computers for gigging our mobile discos and he has the pro monthly subscription and I have the pro infinity licence.
I have turned off the Ultra Latency settings and the hum still exists. I have also purchased a ground loop isolator which turned the faint high pitched hum with clicking (that doesn't seen be in timing with the LED flashes, it's more sporadic) into a low incredibly loud buzz.
I am at my wits end with this issue and trying to sort it out, if anyone has any ideas as to how to resolve the issue I'd be incredibly grateful.

Thanks

Posté Tue 28 Apr 20 @ 6:40 pm
Using the GLI made things worse? Where exactly are you inserting the GLI, and what type did you use?

That type of low hum is exactly what the GLI is designed to get rid of. Apart from the Mixtrack and the desktop computer, what other equipment are you using?

Sounds like you definitely have a ground loop - see here -> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ground_loop_(electricity)

Using a desktop computer is not helping matters as usually the case is metal and the PSU has an earth connection to the mains supply. Laptops on the other hand can be run on batteries, don't have metal cases and are double insulated.

Try substituting the desktop for a laptop and you'll likely find the hum will disappear.

Posté Tue 28 Apr 20 @ 7:01 pm
FP-Tommo wrote :
Hi Everyone,

I am new to the community and have recently done a full setup upgrade including moving to the Mixtrack Platinum. I have the humming issue as does my colleague who has recently upgraded to the platinum

try this mapper supposed to fix it
https://www.virtualdj.com/plugins/index.html?addonid=80621

Posté Tue 28 Apr 20 @ 7:13 pm
groovindj wrote :
Using the GLI made things worse? Where exactly are you inserting the GLI, and what type did you use?

That type of low hum is exactly what the GLI is designed to get rid of. Apart from the Mixtrack and the desktop computer, what other equipment are you using?

Sounds like you definitely have a ground loop - see here -> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ground_loop_(electricity)

Using a desktop computer is not helping matters as usually the case is metal and the PSU has an earth connection to the mains supply. Laptops on the other hand can be run on batteries, don't have metal cases and are double insulated.

Try substituting the desktop for a laptop and you'll likely find the hum will disappear.

Thank you for the rapid reply, I didn't expect anything close to responses this fast. Yes, couldn't believe it myself but the GLI made it much worse. I also use a laptop with the same version of VDJ 2020 as a backup should I get a PC failure when gigging and I get the same buzz from the laptop on battery power (charger unplugged) which is again made worse when adding the GLI. Unfortunately I'm not able to get to my full setup to test during the COVID-19 lockdown so I'm only using a little mains powered bluetooth speaker via a 3.5mm jack input from a RCA (phono) to 3.5mm jack lead directly from the Mixtrack Platinum output.
Usually I use an analogue mixer (thomann the t.mix xmix 1202 FXMP USB) which I use a phono RCA lead from the controller to the mixer and then a standard XLR output from the mixer to active speakers (thomann the box pro DSP 115). I have tried also bypassing the mixer and using a RCA to XLR to run from the controller straight to the active speakers but the issue remains.
This is a link to the GLI that I bought which was only a cheap one but I didn't want to go all out on money for a potential solution that may not work. https://www.amazon.co.uk/AV-Link-Ground-Loop-Isolator/dp/B000NVWB9O/ref=sr_1_3?crid=84F91YT7S0O2&dchild=1&keywords=rca+ground+loop+isolator&qid=1588108193&sprefix=rca+groun+%2Caps%2C190&sr=8-3

Posté Tue 28 Apr 20 @ 9:11 pm
wickedmix wrote :
FP-Tommo wrote :
Hi Everyone,

I am new to the community and have recently done a full setup upgrade including moving to the Mixtrack Platinum. I have the humming issue as does my colleague who has recently upgraded to the platinum

try this mapper supposed to fix it
https://www.virtualdj.com/plugins/index.html?addonid=80621

I will try this, thanks

Posté Tue 28 Apr 20 @ 9:13 pm
94%