Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet VirtualDJ iRemote for iPhone/iPad/iPod - Page: 8

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

yes, you need to activate vinyl mode on the host PC right deck. There is a little "V" next to the platter on the default skin.

Posté Fri 24 Dec 10 @ 11:10 am
adamlonsdale wrote :
djjameslake wrote :
adamlonsdale wrote :
Hey. I'm having a bit of trouble using this. I have VDJ opened with "Enabled" set to true on the iPhone tab. I load up the app on my phone and it just says "Trying to locate Virtual DJ" Any ideas? I'm guessing theres a specific port that I need to unblock

Cheers,

Adam.

You need to create an adhoc network first.

http://www.7tutorials.com/how-set-ad-hoc-wireless-computer-computer-network

Hiya,

I already have the phone and my laptop on a wireless network, I think I just need to unblock a port. Otherwise I wouldnt be able to use the internet! :)

Thanks for the reply,

Adam.

One thing I had to do was change the security settings for the adhoc network to wep from wpa2 on order to get it to work

change wireless encrytion to TKIP if it is set to AES... BTW got the same problem...but case solved

Posté Sat 25 Dec 10 @ 4:08 am
Hi,

I have set up a ad hoc wifi connection and I can see the connection on my other laptop and connect to it with my other laptop but when I try and connect my ipad to the ad hoc. it always says error.

any ideas anyone?

please help

Posté Sat 25 Dec 10 @ 2:19 pm
how can you connect your ipo d to the computer by wi-fi??
the thing is, it doesn't have internet. so how do you do it??

Posté Sat 25 Dec 10 @ 8:22 pm
VintagePRO InfinityMember since 2006
The Remote works well on my mac! but i can't upload a new skins! my mac is writing me a message like ( invalid error:-6 ) what did i done wrong? anybody as an explanation Thank's!

Posté Sun 26 Dec 10 @ 2:12 pm
Sorry if I sound like a noon but, correct me if I'm wrong. You can only connect your iPad to virtual dj only if your desktop has wifi? Or can you connect the iPad on wifi to a wired desktop thru a router?

Posté Mon 27 Dec 10 @ 12:59 am
Dj ErickO Dj wrote :
Sorry if I sound like a noon but, correct me if I'm wrong. You can only connect your iPad to virtual dj only if your desktop has wifi? Or can you connect the iPad on wifi to a wired desktop thru a router?

If your desktop is wired into a wireless router, and your iPad connects wirelessly to that router then it will work.

The problems I have were solved by changing my router mode from WPA + WPA2 to just WPA. I'm assuming Apple's bonjour is dodgy on a WPA2 connection?

Posté Mon 27 Dec 10 @ 1:42 pm
Hey all! I've been a HUGE supporter and fan of Virtual DJ for the last 8 years or so and finally registered on this forum. We write A LOT about Virtual DJ on our music blog and just wrote up an article on getting iRemote to work with your iPhone/iPad so I'm sure it will help all of you struggling.

You can learn how to install it from the link below in 10 easy steps. Glad I can finally help and be a part of this community!
http://www.fromdjs4djs.com/virtual-dj-iremote/

-DJ David Bitton
Founder & Administrator
www.fromdjs4djs.com

Posté Mon 27 Dec 10 @ 4:05 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Great guide ..thank you.

Posté Mon 27 Dec 10 @ 6:26 pm
Bought the app which worked great on my iphone 3Gs so I bought an ipad and am very disappointed. On the ipad the app is very glitchy and pauses a lot. The sliders are not reliably responsive and you can use only one control at a time. VDJ7.0.2 has also been freezing up while using the ipad app. with both a PC running Vista and laptop running Win7.

Posté Tue 28 Dec 10 @ 7:27 pm
This app is so glitchy on ipad that you can not use it in a real live situation. Is anyone else having this problem on ipad? I have the 16gig wifi. I have tried using it with ad hoc network which is even worse than a reg wifi connection using a router...even on iphone the ad hoc is bad. I get the same results when running VDj 7.0.2 on 2 seperate desktop pcs using Vista, my main Alienware laptop using Win7, and 2 other laptops using XP Pro. App is glitchy, not reliably responsive enough to trust in a club situation, and both the app and vdj 7.0.2 freeze up repeatedly.

Posté Wed 29 Dec 10 @ 4:22 pm
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
That tells me you have a bloatware problem and you need to tweak your system, try using this software to see if it Helps you...

GameBooster: http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html

Good Luck,

Joey....

Posté Wed 29 Dec 10 @ 4:45 pm
On my Windows 7 when I try to create an ad hoc network it says an unexpected error occured

Posté Thu 30 Dec 10 @ 12:06 am

Posté Thu 30 Dec 10 @ 12:32 am
If I have the free version will the iremote work with that???

Posté Thu 30 Dec 10 @ 6:10 pm
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
If you have a connection problem then read all the solutions that's been posted in this thread, if you have a issue with preformance then read this thread link: http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/105257/PC_Version_Technical_Support/_DPC_Latency_Checker_(__2009_THESYCON)_Helped_Me_Fix_My_Audio_Problems___.html

GameBooster shuts down background services not needed to run VDJ, but you also need to be aware that your wifi and other services needed to work with iRemote so it needs to stay on, you'll have that option in the GameBoodter dialog to leave them on...

Good Luck,

Joey...

Posté Thu 30 Dec 10 @ 7:34 pm
I dont know what is going on... I have repeated all the process of how to make it work like a million times and I still dont get it to work.

Steps I Did to try to make it work:

1.- Update VDJ to 7.0.2
2.- Buy the app and update it to 1.0.1
3.- Connect both the laptop and the ipod to the same wi-fi network
4.- Open VDJ
5.- Enable VDJ iRemote Checkbox
6.- Open the iRemote app on the iPod

It keeps saying Trying to locate Virtual DJ and after 30 min I check it again and it says the same!

I don't really know what to do...I've been doing this since the first day the app went out in the market and I bought it and no progress made :(
I don't really want to feel like I wasted 9.99 dollars on this app so can anybody help me? Maybe im doing something wrong, maybe my ports are blocked who knows...

I hope somebody can help me, thanks

Posté Thu 30 Dec 10 @ 10:28 pm
pumpitentertainment wrote :
Works aewsome on the 3g ! Now I can sit on my counch and drink a beer , and play with my new toy

Damn you Atomix, not only am I gonna have to buy an Ipad, now I'm gonna start drinking again!!!

Posté Sat 01 Jan 11 @ 11:16 am
dj-in-norway wrote :
Works on iPod touch too yes ;)

And multi device for sure is a neat thing ;)

You can have two iPads, with one deck at each iPad etc ;)

Product Idea guys;
Virtual DJ appliance or PS3/XBox software configured to work with IPAD out of the box.. possibilities are endless!

Posté Sat 01 Jan 11 @ 11:34 am
I love the iRemote app on my iPhone4 but I wish you could shut the screen down and when you reopen it have the iRemote app still be able to connect to virtualdj. It seems that when you lock the screen to save battery it loses the connection and when you bring it back up it still won't reconnect unless you go to vdj on host computer and disable then reenablle iRemote. This makes it kind of a drag to use.

Thanks,

John

Posté Sat 01 Jan 11 @ 11:58 pm
43%