Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet VirtualDJ iRemote for iPhone/iPad/iPod - Page: 9

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

Bandi1PRO InfinityMember since 2008
Downloaded VDJ iPad app on Dec 29th tested on home network, flawless. Bought new wireless router (D-Link DIR 615) Dec 31st. Set up DJ gear Dec 31st afternoon for New Years Eve gig, then figured, let's try to set up new router to see if I could use the app for the gig. 10 minutes later I had my own network set up and rocking VDJ from around the site. Bravo, great first run, can't wait for new features as it matures.

Best $9.99 I\'ve ever spent. I freaked out lots of peeps last night.

Attached a pic of my setup: VDJ Pro Full v7.02 on my HP 17.3 laptop, Hercules DJ Console RMX controller and VDJ iRemote app on my 64gb iPad

Posté Sun 02 Jan 11 @ 12:38 am
JoeyKJ wrote :
That tells me you have a bloatware problem and you need to tweak your system, try using this software to see if it Helps you...

GameBooster: http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html

Good Luck,

Joey....

If that was a response to my probs, thanx but my PC's and laptops that I use for mixing are stripped and streamlined. It seems to be more of an App and/or Skin prob because I've experimented and had the same poor performance on numerous computers, op systems, and network connections. I am having better results with my own skin I'm making for iPad. Removing the rotating visuals helped a great deal.

Posté Sun 02 Jan 11 @ 9:21 pm
Someone needs to do some serious skinning job on both iPhone and iPad

Posté Mon 03 Jan 11 @ 6:57 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
mroffbeat wrote :

can you define serious ? All ideas are acceptable. Please post your ideas in the Skin Forum.

Posté Mon 03 Jan 11 @ 5:06 pm
happy new year to all i think it was a good thing with this vdj iremote but a wase of time just make make a full VDJ app

Posté Tue 04 Jan 11 @ 2:37 pm
VINTAGE SAYS The Remote works well on my mac! but i can't upload a new skins! my mac is writing me a message like ( invalid error:-6 ) what did i done wrong? anybody as an explanation Thank's!
had same problem at first then read post here saying make a new folder within vdj skins folder in my documents and call it iphone and then when you download skins they will automatically unzip to folder

also guys my iphone app seems to freeze my mac when trying to mix and use plugins at same tim any ideas

Posté Tue 04 Jan 11 @ 2:46 pm
VintagePRO InfinityMember since 2006
djstaffy wrote :
VINTAGE SAYS The Remote works well on my mac! but i can't upload a new skins! my mac is writing me a message like ( invalid error:-6 ) what did i done wrong? anybody as an explanation Thank's!
had same problem at first then read post here saying make a new folder within vdj skins folder in my documents and call it iphone and then when you download skins they will automatically unzip to folder

also guys my iphone app seems to freeze my mac when trying to mix and use plugins at same tim any ideas

Thank's for the answer! i will try it!

Posté Thu 06 Jan 11 @ 2:56 pm
Can someone tell me if VDJ can work on NI audio 8
with Macbook Pro

Posté Thu 06 Jan 11 @ 6:23 pm
I love the remote control wish could see the tracklist as i see it on the computer, because its hard to look for a song if you dont know in wich folder is :S also would be great to connect your headphones to ipad and preview next track!

Posté Fri 07 Jan 11 @ 11:39 am
Alright, we need some people to start making a kick ass remote app for the other sweet tablets that are coming out like the one by motorolla, and blackberry ect. It is one of those that I am going to buy.

Posté Fri 07 Jan 11 @ 5:01 pm
djdad wrote :
mroffbeat wrote :

can you define serious ? All ideas are acceptable. Please post your ideas in the Skin Forum.

Hi without being so bold. Im a bit lost as to why there isnt any ipad skins although quite a few have been posted for approval? do they have to be tested??

Posté Mon 10 Jan 11 @ 7:40 am
I dont think that any iPad Skin has been submitted yet. There are some in developing stage as far as i know.
Skins are made of users, not from Team. Not all skinners do have iPad, so it might take a while until we have plenty of iSkins.

Note also that iRemote doesnt support all the features that skiners would love to have to make advanced skins for iPad-iPhones, so it's not about serious skins or not, its about not having all the tools.

Posté Mon 10 Jan 11 @ 8:12 pm
djdad wrote :
I dont think that any iPad Skin has been submitted yet. There are some in developing stage as far as i know.
Skins are made of users, not from Team. Not all skinners do have iPad, so it might take a while until we have plenty of iSkins.

Note also that iRemote doesnt support all the features that skiners would love to have to make advanced skins for iPad-iPhones, so it's not about serious skins or not, its about not having all the tools.

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate what you say but I only made the comment as 2 skins i know of were said to have been submitted by the skinners. I'll try finding the skin threads if that will help.

Posté Tue 11 Jan 11 @ 5:11 am
dJdAbPRO InfinityMember since 2006
How does designing a skin for iPad differ from designing one for VDJ? I imagine there are quite a few limits. Anyway, I'm ready to get started. Is there any resources yet? Forum links? Thanks, Sean

Posté Wed 12 Jan 11 @ 11:20 am
The basic difference between skining and iskining is the panels. You cant have panels in iskins so in case you need to display more infos, you need to change the whole screen (page).
Another thing is that iPhones have limited memory, so you cant have large bmp files, because this will make older gen iPhones not to load the skin.
No wave and cues on songpos, no rhythmwave, some masks dont work etc etc..
Browser with search, of course is missing ...

You will find out that iskining is limited for now. I guess its too early, and future updates will give us more tools. iPhones have limited screen space, but iPads dont, so it would help skiners to build skins similar to normal.

In case someone needs help on iskining, you could adress to Skin Forum for further assistance.

Posté Wed 12 Jan 11 @ 3:39 pm
dJdAbPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Thanks, hopefully I'll be geting to work soon

Posté Thu 13 Jan 11 @ 5:39 pm
im having problems changing skins on ipad. ive selected the zip and i've tried the unzipped file not happening for me. anyone had the same problem?

I then get fail to load skin message then. the writing in browser message

Posté Tue 18 Jan 11 @ 9:39 am
You dont have to unzpip anything. The iphone-ipad skins are automatically installed to Mydocuments/VirtualDJ/Skins/iPhone folder. If this folder doesnt excist, you have to create it.

Which skin are you trying to load?

Posté Tue 18 Jan 11 @ 11:33 am
cheers. tried what you said and that didnt work either.

i've tried

nanoscopic
igullum
and default (4 decks)

none worked

Posté Tue 18 Jan 11 @ 1:44 pm
Sorry for this, if you already know, but this is the way you should change iPad-skins...

Posté Tue 18 Jan 11 @ 3:23 pm
49%